Egg donation is the assisted reproduction treatment where eggs from a female donor and the sperm from a partner or donor are fertilized in the laboratory. At Barcelona IVF you can carry out this treatment for 3850 euros.
When is egg donation indicated?
IVF donation using donor eggs is indicated for those patients who due to age have a low ovarian reserve and cannot obtain a pregnancy with their own eggs. The most common causes, although not the only ones, are:
- Advanced age
- Low quality eggs
- Low ovarian reserve after various IVF failed attempts
- Genetic illnesses
In all cases it is best to opt for an egg donation as it will be easier to obtain a pregnancy
IVF with donated eggs: high success rate
The success rate for an IVF with egg donation is generally high due to:
- Maximum quality in the selection of the donors: at Barcelona IVF the strictest controls are applied so as to guarantee the best security in this process; medical tests are carried out which reflect if the donor is in good psychological and physical health.
- Age of the donor: Due to the importance of age in relation to the quality of eggs, donors are between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Genetic matching with the egg donor: this reduces the risk of the future child having more than 250 known genetic diseases.
- Quality of the donated eggs: At Barcelona IVF the obtained eggs are carefully selected and checked by a fertility study, therefor the implanted embryo is the most apt for fertilization.
How long does the egg donation treatment take?
The treatment can be completed with a maximum of two visits to the clinic during a period of a month. The cycle is programmed and sperm sample analyzed and frozen (if necessary) upon first visit. During treatment an endometrial ultrasound should be carried out to check the womb lining. This can be done at our clinic or in your home town. If you wish we can recommend you where to go. Once the eggs are obtained and the spermatozoids from the sperm sample selected, we carry out the egg fertilization at the lab. Upon second visit the transfer of the embryos is carried out. The procedure is very simple and requires no clinic lay over or anesthesia.
What does the Egg donation price include?
At Barcelona IVF you can carry out an egg donation from 3850€. The program includes:
- All medical consultations
- Laboratory procedures for the fertilization of the donor eggs
- Embryo transfer
- Pregnancy test
If you are interested in obtaining more information on the IVF egg donation program, please don’t hesitate to contact us.